Sought position: Market account manager corporate diplomatic & luxury Ref ID: n°34592 Town: Puteaux Country : France Contract type: Long term contract Contract start date : Dès que possible Salary: NC Experience: experienced Job status: Supervisor Job category: Sales / Indoor - Outdoor Online since 2018/01/25 This job position is still available for the week of 2018-02-19
Functions as the reference for the “Diplomatic & Luxury Corporate Accounts” Sector specialist with a global overview and knowledge on the Parisian market
The Diplomatic/Luxury Corporate Sales Manager is working with a total account management approach and has overall
- A portfolio of the main luxury corporate existing accounts on the market : mostly in the Paris area, France when relevant
- Growing the revenue of those accounts on the transient (individuals) and the group (MICE business) side
- Get the participating hotels for this position participating in key relevant travel programs of the main luxury business companies
- A portfolio of key high contribution Embassies and other Government Institutions when relevant
This position will report to the Market Director of Sales & Marketing - Paris who will handle LPP (appraisal tool) and goal setting, in conjunction with each of the different GM’s in accordance to their annual Business Plans. Goals will include specific financials per hotel, as agreed and approved by each GM.
Fully accountable for Business Planning and development, the Market Account Manager – Corporate will be focused on sales activities to grow the market share of each of the different hotels on this particular segment. The role is as well being the strategic leader on the Diplomatic & Luxury Corporate market, whenever a recommendation is needed, as well as make decision in front of the bookers during sales calls or other types of sales activities.
Accountable for a determined set of accounts/markets of their own.
The proposed position is to be funded by the participating hotels at the Paris Cluster
Location: Paris, France
Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
• Understands the whole Diplomatic & Luxury Markets : competitors strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, new trends and actors
• Strives to achieve personal and each property’s revenue goals.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Identifies and develops new markets/accounts.
Developing and executing sales plans
• Develops and implements an effective sales plan.
• Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
=> the ability to negotiate the inclusion of the participating properties in travel programs agreed by Marriott International is key
• Maintains and grows business of existing accounts.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder expectations on this segment : external (clients) and internal (GM’s and hotels sales leaders)
• Works collaboratively with mostly GSO France, UK and US. Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively
• Interacts with the MarCom Manager Paris for specific dedicated actions related to his accounts portfolio : flyers, e-marketing campaigns, customer events ….
• Utilizes intranet of luxury clients networks for resources and information
• Conducts site inspections and fam trips if relevant
• Creates contracts as required.
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 2 years as Hotel Sales Manager at a property level or in another structure, hospitality industry preferred
• Good overview and knowledge of multiple segments strategy and management incl Luxury Corporate, Government
• Stakeholders relationship management : owners, regional sales offices etc …
Skills and Knowledge
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
• Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
• Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Sales Ability: Persuasiveness - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients.
o Sales Disposition - Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and outlooks that characterize successful salespersons; exhibiting behavior styles that facilitate adaptation to the demands of the sales role.
o Supporting Sales Implementations - Supporting customers during the implementation of sales contracts; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer feedback; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Position requires ability to travel internationally.
• English fluency is required, and French is recommended
• Ability to effectively present information to a group
Luxury Hospitality Career post job offers in ultra-luxury and luxury hotels and gourmet restaurants worldwide and provide a complete toolbox to follow the applications: job alerts, application notebook, job notebook, files, newsletter... to guide you, whether you are actively seeking a new job or just on standby.